The fastener elements, which are always customised specifically for your application, can have internal or external threads and can be made of steel or aluminium. That makes this high-strength fastening system an extremely attractive, cost-effective alternative to conventional welded connections.
twin-FAST® – Our alternative to welding
- Simultaneous insertion of multiple twin-FAST® components in a single operation
- Acceptance of very high axial loads, bending moments, and torques
- No setting with screwed assembly
- Different material combinations possible
- Materials selected according to your specific requirements
- No heat-affected zones
- No welding splatter
- Suitable for pressure-sensitive materials
- Multi-layer connections possible
- Different material and plate thicknesses can be fastened togetherSuitable for carbon fibre and glass fibre materials / CFRP
Do you have questions? Would you like to learn more?
Our stuff will be glad to assist you.
The sheet metal component is placed in a fixture, and then the components are automatically fed into the system and positioned in the sliding-scraper mould.
A punch plunger presses the twin-FAST® component into the sliding-scraper mould, the double flange is flattened out.
The twin-FAST® double flange is fully formed, the process is complete. The finished assembly is automatically ejected from the sliding-scraper mould.